Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

SMCG

Cathy Hammond giving a throwing demo


Welcome to Southern Maine Clay Guild's official Blog! We hope this blog helps keep our members connected with each other and encourages new people to join our group.
Southern Maine Clay Guild  was formed in 2005 out of a desire among southern Maine potters to foster increased interaction and support for each other and the medium.
Members range from beginner to professional, and all are welcome to attend the monthly meetings, which are held on the first Tuesday of each month at various members' studios.
The group's focus is to  expand and promote opportunities in clay techniques, glaze chemistry and varying methods of firing.




3 comments:

  1. Great Job Cathie

    Sorry I missed the meeting. Skiing was great!

    I'll be working tomorrow in my studio making plates for our show. And I'll be making soup bowls. I wish I had some bowls to enter in the BOWL show I saw posted at the Maine Crafters Association "call for entries"
    Anyone applying??

    What's everyone working on?? We should post inspirational ceramic projects??

    Bye for now.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary,
    I'm hoping everyone will post here and share what they are doing in their studio and what inspires them.
    Here's a link to the "Bowl Show" - The Guilford Art Center is a wonderful venue. http://www.guilfordartcenter.org/calltoartists.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi folks,
    I look forward to being inspired and motivated! Thanks for setting this up Cathy. I haven't been throwing too many pots lately. I've been making some plaster molds to do some slabwork this winter. I was very inspired by some of Mary's pieces.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete