Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Great Job on this Blog. The Clay Show Looks Great Too!

This blog is a great idea.  I want to hear about the results on the F4 substitute.  I use F4 in a lot of my glazes.   I will also try to find out some info from my NHIA teacher.
Does anyone want to share their favorite SHINO cone 10 recipes??  There are so many out there,  I don't know which one to test next.  My Malcolm Davis has way too much crawling.....
I'm looking for a more stable reliable one.

I can't wait until it warms up and we have our next pit firing.  I'm going to start making a few pieces soon.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. use alot of F4 too and this is news to me. Al you'll have to keep us up to date as far as substitutes.....By the way Mary.....You did an awesome job setting up the show it really looks beautiful!
    AAAAAND......it's wonderful seeing everybody jumping in and starting to post!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shino Sauce/Cone 9-10 Reduction
    F-4 30
    Spodumene 30
    Neph Sy 15
    Ball Clay 12
    EPK 5
    Soda Ash 8
    Red Art 0 to 6
    (haven't tried it but it sounds interesting)

    ReplyDelete